Mechatronics Engineering Technology
A course of study that prepares students to use basic engineering principles and technical skills in developing and testing automated, servomechanical, and other electromechanical systems. Includes instruction in prototype testing, manufacturing and operational testing, systems analysis and maintenance procedures. Graduates should be qualified for employment in industrial maintenance and manufacturing including assembly, testing, startup, troubleshooting, repair, process improvement, and control systems, and should qualify to sit for Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) mechatronics or similar industry examinations.
This curriculum is designed to prepare students through the study and application of principles from mathematics, natural sciences, and technology and applied processes based on these subjects. Course work includes mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences and technology. Graduates should qualify to obtain occupations such as technical service providers, materials and technologies testing services, process improvement technicians, engineering technicians, industrial and technology managers, or research technicians.
Students are encouraged to contact admission counselors early and maintain effective communication with their advisor to ensure the completion of prerequisite courses and general education requirements.
DEGREES / DIPLOMAS / CERTIFICATES
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – Degree – A40350
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – Diploma – D40350
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – Certificate – C40350
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – Apprenticeship – Certificate – C40350A
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – CTE Pathway – Diploma – D40350H
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – CTE Pathway – Certificate – C40350H
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – Apprenticeship – CTE Pathway – Certificate – C40350
Potential employment for students who complete the above course work and acquire their degree include, but are not limited to Industrial Maintenance Technicians, Manufacturing Instrumentation Technician, Industrial Electrician and Instrumentation, Electro-Mechanical Technician, or Process Control Technician/Operator.