Southeastern Community College provides career planning to assist students who are undecided about their career goals. Various assessment tools are used to help individuals explore personal interests, work values, abilities, and personalities to match possible career choices.
Step 1: Self-assessment is the first step in career exploration.
Listed below are links to assessments that will help guide your discussion about careers with the SCC Career Counselor. The RIASEC career assessment is also available in the Admissions Office.
College Foundation of North Carolina
- Create an account at CFNC.org (you may have created an account when applying to SCC).
- Click on Plan, For a Career, and Learn About Yourself. Take some or all of the nine different assessments to learn about your values, interests, and skills.
- Make a note of your results, and discuss your findings with the SCC Counselor.
Jung Typology Test (MBTI)
- Discover careers and occupations most suitable for your personality type with this assessment.
- Take the Jung Typology Test .
- After taking the assessment, write down the resulting four letters and percentages. Discuss your preferences during your meeting with the SCC Counselor.
Step 2: Gather career information
Step 3: Discuss your options
- Make an appointment with the SCC Career Counselor by email.
- Also talk to your advisor, SCC faculty, and former or current students to get the inside scoop.
Step 4: Continue researching career options
- Join a student club.
- Set up a job shadowing experience with a professional in your field of interest.
- Research career options and begin building your resume.
- N.C. Works Online