Welcome to Southeastern Community College!
We hope this information is helpful to you as you begin to plan the next steps in your college career. Below you will find the steps necessary to enroll in classes at SCC. If you need help determining which category of student you fall into, please contact us at 910.788.6358.
SCC is offering as many courses as possible in an online format in an effort to keep you moving forward in your program of study.
FALL 2020 SCHEDULE
SPRING 2021 SCHEDULE (Coming soon!)
- Please contact your advisor to schedule an appointment for advisement/registration. You may obtain your advisor’s contact information in Aviso.
New, Returning, and Visiting Students
New students are students who have never attended Southeastern Community College.
- Complete the NC Residency Application and Application for Admission. If you need assistance, schedule an appointment.
- Complete a career assessment located on the SCC Career Counseling page.
- Submit an official copy of your high school or high school equivalency transcript.
- Submit official copies of all college transcripts, if you wish to have credit awarded for previous coursework.
- Visit the Financial Aid page to learn how to apply for financial assistance.
- Complete the Placement Test, if required.
- Schedule an appointment for advising and registration.
- College Transfer
- Agribusiness, Business Administration, Information Technology, Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, Broadcasting & Production, Early Childhood Education, Cosmetology, Criminal Studies, Forensic Science, Manicuring & Nails
- Advanced Manufacturing (Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration, Welding)
- Nursing, Medical Lab Technology, Phlebotomy
- CCP (current high school students)
Now that you have registered for classes, you’re ready to take the next steps.
- Make payment by following up with Financial Aid or by setting up a payment plan prior to the payment deadline.
- Create your student accounts. Instructional videos are available on the SOAR page.
- Complete the online SOAR, Student Orientation & Academic Readiness.
- Purchase your books from the Orcutt Bookstore.
- Obtain your student ID card from Ms. Meg Sellers in the Nesmith Student Center, if you have seated classes. Please have a copy of your schedule available. The initial cost is $1.75 and is included in your tuition. The replacement cost is $5.00.
- Obtain your parking permit from the Welcome Center located in the A Building, if you have seated classes. Please have a copy of your schedule available.
- Complete the Enrollment Key Quiz for each course on the first day of class.
- Check your college email daily.
Advanced Manufacturing (20 minutes)
Advanced Manufacturing (7 minutes)
SCC Nursing and Health Technology Programs
Nursing Admissions 2020
Nursing Admissions 2020 (video)
Nursing Readiness Checklist (ADN)
TEAS Test Information
Phlebotomy Admissions 2020
Information for Out-of-State Students
Southeastern Community College maintains an open door admissions policy for all applicants. The college serves students regardless of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, gender, age or disability. Selective placement of individual students in the different programs of study within the College is determined by the admissions office, within the guidelines established by the State Board of Community Colleges and the North Carolina Community College System for each program of study and course offered.