Interested in getting 2 years’ worth of free tuition & fees?
See if you qualify for our SCC Success Scholarship. Applicants must:
- Be a North Carolina resident who recently graduated from a high school in Columbus County. Students must have graduated in the spring 2021 semester and begin classes at Southeastern Community College in fall 2022.
- Complete the FAFSA and apply for all other SCC scholarships each year before receiving the SCC Success Scholarship.
- Successfully complete two Career & College Promise courses to be eligible for the program.
- Have a 2.5+ unweighted GPA in high school.
- To maintain the SCC Success Scholarship, students must be continuously enrolled in the fall and spring semesters with a maximum of two years to use the scholarship. The summer semester is not included.
- Students may be enrolled less than full-time. These students still have two years to use the Success Scholarship as described in #5 above.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA at the end of their first spring semester in the program to be eligible for the second year in the program and not have any disciplinary actions taken against them.
- Agree to participate in surveys about their experience at SCC.
Thanks to the SCC Foundation and the generous support of our donors who have funded the SCC Success Scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded as long as allocated funds are available.
About the Scholarship
- This scholarship covers in-state tuition and fees, not books or supplies.
- The last day that students can add classes and receive additional scholarship funds is the weekday before the beginning of the 12-week session. Students cannot add classes and receive additional scholarship funds once the 12-week session begins.
- Students who drop classes will have their scholarship funds for those classes returned to the college. If funds are not returned to the college in the semester in which the student drops the class, the funds will be deducted from the student’s next semester’s scholarship award.
- Scholarship recipients’ progress towards completion will be tracked.
- All recipients will be surveyed to identify the impact of the scholarship on their decision to attend SCC and to identify any barriers to success.