SCC received CARES Act funding to support students who have been financially impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). These funds are a part of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, a new federal grant funded by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
SCC CARES Act Student Aid funds are federal grants that can be used to cover expenses, so you can focus on your education and meet your academic goals. You will not be asked to pay the funds back.
Deadline to apply September 20, 2020.
You will be contacted by SCC via email.
Federal guidelines for SCC CARES Act Student Aid require that you must be eligible for Federal Financial Aid and meet the following criteria:
How do I apply for Emergency Relief Fund?
• Complete the application (see link) and have a completed FAFSA application on file
I have not submitted a FAFSA application, is it too late?
How much funding can I receive?
• Grant amounts vary by student circumstances
How will I receive my funding?
• Check mailed to your address on file
How can funding be used?
• Funds should be used for emergency expenses incurred due to COVID-19
How will I know if I have been approved?
• You will be notified via your SCC Rams Mail account.