This program is designed to prepare graduates for employment with organizations that rely on computers to process, manage and communicate information. Coursework will develop a student’s ability to communicate complex technical issues related to computer hardware, software and networks in a manner that computer users can understand.
East Carolina University IT/Business Support 2-Year Course Schedule
College/University Transfer 2-Year Course Schedule
Classes focus on computer operations and terminology, operating systems, database, networking, security and technical support.
DEGREES / DIPLOMAS / CERTIFICATES
- Information Technology – Computer Programming & Development – Degree – A25590E
- Information Technology – IT/Business Support – Degree – A25590I
- Information Technology – IT/Business Support, ECU Transfer Track – A25590IA
- Information Technology – Systems Security – Degree – A25590B
- Information Technology – IT Support – Diploma – 25590I
- Information Technology – IT Support Specialist – Certificate – C25590I
- Information Technology – Programmer/Developer – Certificate – C25590E
Job placement for students who acquire an Associate in Applied Science in the Computer Information Technology program, or acquire certification in the program, include, but are not limited to, the following fields Telecommunications, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Computer and Information Technology Occupations
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Out-of-State Students
- TechRepublic: A Resource for IT Professionals
- TechNet: Resources and Tools for IT Professionals
- Technical Standards – Information Technology