The Electrical Engineering Technology course of study prepares students to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in electrical maintenance and management or in the design, planning, construction, development, and installation of electrical systems, machines and power-generating equipment. The curriculum includes instruction in electrical circuitry, prototype development and testing, systems analysis and testing, systems maintenance, instrument calibration and report preparation.
Coursework will include the study and application of mathematics, natural science, engineering sciences and technology.
East Carolina University Technology Transfer Program
UNC-Charlotte Transfer Program
DEGREES / DIPLOMAS / CERTIFICATES
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Degree – A40180
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Diploma – D40180
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Adv Manufacturing – Certificate – C40180F
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Intro to HVAC – Certificate – C40180I
- Electrical Engineering Technology – CTE – Diploma – D40180H
Electrical engineering technicians install and maintain electrical control systems and equipment, and modify electrical prototypes, parts, and assemblies to correct problems. When testing systems, they set up equipment and evaluate the performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated conditions. They then analyze test information to resolve design-related problems. Potential careers available for graduates include, but are not limited to Biomedical Equipment Technicians, Computer, Automated Teller and Office Machine Technicians, Computer Support Specialists, Customer Service Engineers, Electronic Technician, Engineering Technicians, Field Service Technicians, Manufacturing Technicians, or Test Engineers/Technologists.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Electrical Engineering Resource
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- BigFuture by The College Board
- Out-of-State Students
- Technical Standards – Electrical Engineering Technology
Electrical Engineering Instructional Staff
Engineering Technology Instructor
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Instructional Staff