Policy 1.09 - Substantive Change
In compliance with Federal rule and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC) Policy Substantive Change for Accredited Institution of the Commission on Colleges, Southeastern Community College will not enact significant modification or expansion of the nature and scope of the institution without required and appropriate approvals from the United States Department of Education, the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges and SACSCOC. Under federal regulations, substantive change includes the following:
- Any change in the established mission or objectives of the institution
- Any change in legal status, form of control, or ownership of the institution
- The addition of courses or programs that represent a significant departure, either in content or method of delivery, from those that were offered when the institution was last evaluated by SACS-COC
- The addition of courses or programs at a degree or credential level above that which is included in the institution’s current accreditation or reaffirmation.
- A change from clock hours to credit hours
- A substantial increase in the number of clock or credit hours awarded for successful completion of a program
- The establishment of an additional location geographically apart from the main campus at which the institution offers at least 50 percent of an educational program.
- The establishment of a branch campus
Adopted: March 15, 2011
Reviewed: March 11, 2019