Procedure 5.06.02 - Personnel Records Open to Inspection
As per G.S. 115D-28 as amended, effective October 1, 2010, certain records are open to inspection by any person. The Board of Trustees shall maintain a record of each of its employees, showing the following information with respect to each employee:
- Date of original employment or appointment
- The terms of any contract by which the employee is employed whether written or oral, past and current, to the extent that the Board has the written contract or a record of the oral contract in its possession
- Current position
- Current salary
- Date and amount of each increase or decrease in salary with the College
- Date and type of each promotion, demotion, transfer, suspension, separation, or other change in position and classification with the College
- Date and general description of the reasons for each promotion with the College
- Date and type of each dismissal, suspension, or demotion for disciplinary reasons taken by the College. If the disciplinary action was a dismissal, a copy of the written notice of the final decision of the President on behalf of the Board of Trustees, or final decision of the Board upon any appeal, setting forth the specific acts or omissions that are the basis of the dismissal.
- The office or station to which the employee is currently assigned.
The term “salary” includes pay, benefits, incentives, bonuses, and deferred and all other forms of compensation paid by the College. Subject only to rules and regulations for the safekeeping of records adopted by the Board of Trustees, every person having custody of the records shall permit them to be inspected and examined and copies made by any person during regular business hours. Any person who is denied access to any record for the purpose of inspecting, examining or copying the record shall have a right to compel compliance with the provisions of this section by application to a court of competent jurisdiction for a writ of mandamus or other appropriate relief.