SCC Rams Season Update
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023
Last Weekend the Rams took down #12 in the nation Pitt Community College, behind Garrett Wolffs career series.
In game number 1 the Rams pulled the string on the Bulldogs in a hard-fought win. Garrett Wolff played a large part hitting 2 homers in the game. Lefrederick Wooten tallied a grand slam to the scoreboard. Tyler Satterley gets the win while Jonathan Foster gets the hold, and Caden Kingston gets the save. 10-9 SCC
In game number 2 the Rams fell to the Bulldogs in a battle of the arms as Lefrederick Wooten pitched 5 complete innings, Wolff homered for the 3rd time on the day, while the Rams battled out to the end having the winning run at the plate in the bottom of the 7th . 5-3 Pitt
In game number 3- The Rams eventually ran out of gas. A tight ballgame through 6 innings the Bulldogs eventually pulled away as the Rams toggled 6 different pitchers in attempt to combat the bulldog offense. Wolff Homered for the 4th time in the series. 10-4 Pitt
Garrett Wolff has been entered as a nominee for national player of the week after going 7-13 with 4hr in the series.
The Rams are currently at a record of 10-15 at the halfway point in the season, already totaling the 2020-2021 seasons win total.
Key moments in the season so far include:
- Completing a sweep of a series, something that has not been done in 4 years at Southeastern.
- Completing a mercy rule victory.
- Knocking off nationally ranked Harford and nationally ranked Pitt.
- The Rams have also competed well, 4 games were lost by two runs or less, with 2 of those games being against nationally ranked teams.
In the past two years the Rams have had success moving Student-Athletes from SCC to the next level of baseball.
- Peyton Schofield – Marshall University
- Logan Rodgers – Catawba
- Jaylen Mack – Coker
- Joshua Barnhill – Missouri Valley
- Justin Szczypinski – North Carolina Wesleyan College
- Chase Drinkard – Catawba
- Robert Tisdale – Shaw University (Football)
- Donald Gesing – Wheeling University
- Tyler Satterley – Coker
- Alex Lebron – Coker
- Wilson Lohrer – Southern Wesleyan
Last year, four other individuals did have the offer to play at the 4-year level but chose not to. This year- Jordan Murphy, Garrett Wolff, Jason Culley, Jonathan Foster, Lefrederick Wooten all have offers to play at the next level while several other players on the team have garnered interest from 4 year schools.
SCC invites you to celebrate our sophomore athletes on Saturday, April 15th at our Ram’s Family Fun Day! Read More Here