Southeastern Community College Spring Commencement is scheduled for May 14, 2021 at 9 a.m. Graduates should be at SCC by 8:15 a.m. This will be a drive-thru ceremony. Emails have been sent to graduates with the scheduled time for their ceremony. Please follow the procedures for your big day!
If you plan to participate in the drive-thru graduation please complete this quick RSVP form. Or Call LaRaven Stanley at (910) 788-6246 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cap & Gown
Caps and Gowns are available for pickup in the Orcutt Bookstore. Questions? Call the Bookstore at (910) 788-6262.
The bookstore hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Friday.
Only one vehicle per graduate. (If you do not have anyone that can drive you through the event that day, please email Julia Roberts at email@example.com to discuss options available to you.)
- Please refer to the campus map. Graduates should enter campus using the west (Chadbourn side) entrance and follow the main drive around the campus until you reach the Graduate Check-In Station, which will be located between the C-Building and A-Building parking lots. You will receive your graduate card, any applicable graduation cords, and graduation program at this location.
- Once you have checked in, campus security will direct you to the appropriate parking area to line up.
- Graduates should be seated on the right side of the vehicle and should be dressed in their cap and gown.
- Please make sure you keep your graduate card available and have it available when it is your turn to march. This card will be used by the announcer to call your name, program, awards, honors, and any other graduate information.
- Once the procession begins, please follow the car in front of you.
- As you enter the circle drive, SCC employees will let you know where to stop and exit your vehicle.
- Once you are on the sidewalk, you will be instructed when to move forward. Your driver will be instructed by campus security to pull forward as you proceed to the stage.
- Once on the stage, a professional photographer will take your graduation photo with President English.
- When you have received your diploma cover and exited the stage, please continue walking in the circle drive as faculty and staff celebrate your success.
- Rocco the Ram will present you with your graduation gift and you will then get back in your car and exit the circle drive.
Once you have exited the circle drive, we invite you to stop by one of the photo opportunities located in the Nesmith Student Center, the B-Building parking lot, the SCC Bell, or your favorite spot on campus to take photos.
The Orcutt Bookstore will also have a kiosk set up in the B-Building parking lot with a variety of graduation items available for purchase.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the address in Self-Service. Please verify the address on file before graduation. Should you need an update, please call (910)788-6249.
We are excited to be part of this special day in your academic journey and look forward to seeing you Friday morning, May 14th!
The event will live stream on the College YouTube Channel.
A recording of the entire event will be available at a later date and sent out to students.