TEAS Testing at SCC
The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is an entrance exam that measures entry-level skills in four subject areas identified as important for health science students. The TEAS consists of four sections: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English. Each section is a timed, computerized exam made up of multiple-choice questions. The total time for the test is approximately 3.5 hours.
The TEAS exam is for students planning to apply for admission to a SCC Nursing Program. For students who have tested at institutions other than SCC, you must send your official TEAS transcripts to SCC prior to the application process. No partial transcripts will be accepted.
Currently, SCC is offering online TEAS testing to SCC students planning to apply for any SCC Nursing Program.
Cost to Take TEAS
$70 + tax paid online by credit or debit card on the day of the exam.
Prepare for Success
Sufficient preparation for the TEAS is strongly recommended. Don’t wait – start studying for the TEAS today. The following links can help you study and prepare to be successful on your first TEAS attempt:
All TEAS exams are administered remotely. All TEAS exams begin at 1 p.m.
- July 11, 2022
August 1, 2022
September 12, 2022
October 3, 2022
November 7, 2022
December 5, 2022
Schedule the TEAS Exam
There are several steps required prior to scheduling your TEAS exam. It is necessary to complete these steps in the order they are listed. Failure to follow the steps in order may affect your ability to test successfully.
Please follow the steps below in the order they are listed:
- Create an ATI account if you do not already have an account.
- Review the Student Quick Start Guide for ATI Remote Proctoring with Proctorio in full.
- Watch the complete Student Orientation Video for ATI Remote Proctoring with Proctorio and follow the instructions.
- Complete the TEAS Test Dry Run by using the instructions in steps 2 & 3.
- Schedule your TEAS exam using the link below.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND FAQS
- What are the TEAS score requirements for each nursing program?
- Effective December 2, 2021 the Associate Degree and Practical Nursing Programs will require a minimum composite TEAS Score of 59% overall to be eligible for admission to either program. Scores from more than one TEAS exam may not be combined to meet the minimum requirement. Composite scores below 59% will not be accepted.
- How long are my TEAS scores valid?
- TEAS scores are valid for 2 years prior to the program admission date.
- How many times can I take the TEAS exam if I do not meet requirements on my first attempt?
- You may take the TEAS exam up to 3 times in one calendar year.
- If you are scheduling a second or third TEAS retake, you must have at least 2 weeks between testing attempts.
- I have met the required TEAS scores between multiple testing attempts.
- You may not combine scores from multiple testing attempts to meet the minimum requirements.
- I have additional questions about the TEAS exam. Who can I contact?
- If you have additional questions about the TEAS exam you may contact your assigned Nursing Advisor or send an email to email@example.com.