Veterans Day Celebration
Monday, November 9th, 2020 to Wednesday, November 11th, 2020
SCC recognizes the many US veterans who have served in the US Armed Forces.
SCC will celebrate Veteranss Day this year by proudly displaying an array of American flags in the circle drive of A-Building along with photos of veterans from our campus community.
In response to the guidelines, many organizations will now present their programs through a variety of virtual events.
Monday: November 9
- Musicians On Call: Musicians On Call is performing a special virtual concert for hospitalized Veterans. The concert will feature artists including Brad Paisley, Terri Clark, Leon Bridges, Chris Janson, Michael Ray, Charles Esten, Jimmie Allen, Scotty McCreery, Walker County and Alexis Wilkins. Artists will be dedicating songs to Veterans and caregivers and offering messages of support.
Starting Nov 9, Veterans and caregivers can access the concert at www.musiciansoncall.org/VeteransDay. The concert is presented by Musicians on Call, a nonprofit organization that delivers live and recorded music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities.
Tuesday: November 10
- “Salute to Our Heroes”: Join star of Food Network’s Restaurant: Impossible Chef Robert Irvine on November 10th at 9:00 PM EST for his inaugural virtual fundraising concert, “Salute to Our Heroes” to benefit the Robert Irvine Foundation. You can view the concert at this link Salute to Our Heroes
Enjoy exclusive performances from four of today’s hottest artists: lead guitarist and vocalist of legendary rock band Marc Roberge of O.A.R, multi-platinum country artist Justin Moore, country music singer, songwriter, actress and television personality Kellie Pickler, and United States Army Veteran and country music artist Craig Morgan.
Hear heartwarming stories of veterans and first responders whose lives have been changed forever by the Robert Irvine Foundation, along with special celebrity appearances by Jon Stewart, Terry Crews, Gary Sinise, Pat Sajak, Guy Fieri, Kurt Angle, Iliza Shlesinger, Rob Riggle, Lori Grenier and Patrick Murphy.
Wednesday: November 11
- Veterans Memorial Park of America will hold its Field of Flags on Wednesday, November 11, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Columbus County Fairgrounds. They will also have the Wall of Honor on display. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Veterans Memorial Park of America on Facebook. This event is a face-to-face event.
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum: The National Veterans Memorial and Museum offers an online ceremony at 10 a.m. Eastern Time live on Facebook and YouTube. The program includes messages and remarks from Marine Corps and Navy Veteran and Emmy-winning talk show host Montel Williams; Army Veteran and President and CEO of Big Lots, Inc. Bruce Thorn; and Army Veteran and NVMM President and CEO Michael Ferriter.
- National Veterans Day Observance: VA Secretary Robert Wilkie hosts the National Veterans Day Observance Nov. 11 at Arlington National Cemetery. The U.S. Army Military District of Washington will conduct a Presidential Armed Forces Full Honor Wreath-Laying Ceremony. The nation’s 67th Veterans Day Observance will honor the men and women who have served and continue to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces during war and peacetime.
The ceremony starts precisely at 11 a.m. with a wreath laying at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and honors and thanks all who served in the U.S. uniformed services. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic response has compelled VA and its partners (Arlington Cemetery and Military District of Washington) to host a greatly reduced ceremony this year.
VA will live stream the ceremony at https://www.facebook.com/VeteransAffairs. People can also view here.
Within 24 hours following the ceremony, people can view photos from the Armed Forces Full Honor Wreath Ceremony
- Bells of Peace, November 11, 2020: Live Bells of Peace tolling events via ZOOM will be held at 11:00 a.m. local for each of the US times zones, including Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, and Hawaii. Learn more about this coast-to-coast and all points west virtual event. Click here to get an update on the initiative and learn about more ways you can participate, and to download the Bells of Peace app.
- The Blue Angels Foundation Virtual Veterans Day Celebration: The Blue Angels Foundation invites you to participate in their Veteran’s Day Celebration, November 11th at 7:00pm EASTERN AND PACIFIC, for our virtual patriotic salute to America’s Wounded Veteran Community- great music, exciting guests and more.