Finish Line Grant Application Information
Funding is provided by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) through the Cape Fear Workforce Development Board and the Columbus County NCWorks Career Center.
Finish Line Grants can be used for course materials, housing, medical needs, dependent care, or other financial emergencies that students face through no fault of their own. These funds are not intended to be used for routine expenses, nor as a supplement to a student’s educational funding sources. Each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- There is a limit of one emergency award, up to $1,000, per student, per semester.
- Curriculum students have completed at least 50% of their course of study and must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Workforce Continuing Education students must have completed at least 50% of the class in which they are enrolled and must be in satisfactory standing. (Documentation must be provided by the instructor)
Approved Curriculum Programs
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology
- Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Nursing – Associate Degree
- Practical Nursing
- Welding Technology
*Visit Student Services for an application, A-Building
Approved Workforce Continuing Education Programs
- Nurse Aid I
- Pharmacy Technology
- SCC Manufacturing Technician
*Visit NCWorks for an application, A-Building