The State Approving Agency approves Southeastern Community College for students who are eligible under the Veterans Education and Assistance Act. Students eligible for veterans’ benefits should follow the procedures outlined below.
- Select a program and apply for admissions to the College. All admissions requirements must be completed before application for veterans’ benefits can be processed. This includes the submission and evaluation of all transcripts for prior training.
- Notify the Veterans Affairs Office of intent to apply for veterans benefits. Application for veteran benefits can be submitted online at www.gibill.va.gov. The following documents are required:
- VA Form 22-1990, Application for Benefits for new applications or VA Form 22-1995 for veterans with prior training.
- A copy of the DD-214 (Report of Separation form Service) or veterans’ certification number if a veteran has had prior training.
- Contact the Veterans Affairs Office after registration has been completed to ensure that all DVA documents and enrollment data are correct.
Disabled veterans attending under Vocational Rehabilitation must have the approval of a counselor at the USVA before payment of benefits may be authorized. Members of the Selected Reserve and National Guard are eligible under Chapter 1606 or 1607 (New GI Bill) to receive benefits while attending Southeastern Community College. Contact the Registrar, Sylvia McQueen, at 910.642.7141 ext. 249 or email@example.com for details.