The mission of the continuing education division is to provide courses and opportunities for those who need to retrain and update themselves in a vocational area and desire instruction enabling them to grow in basic knowledge and improve in home and community life.
Program Areas and Objectives
- Basic Skills – To provide individuals with basic academic skills that will enable them to function in a changing society, to earn a high school credential or to begin college-level studies.
- Community Service – To provide individuals with opportunities for lifelong learning and cultural enrichment.
- Customized Industrial Training – To provide customized training assistance in support of full-time production and direct customer service positions in Columbus County which will enhance the skills of current or potential workforce. "
- Columbus County JobLink Career Center – To provide an integrated system of employment and training services that meets the needs of our dual customers – job seekers and businesses.
- Occupational Extension – To provide short-term workforce development training that will lead to skills up-grade, employment, and/or meet occupational certification/recertification requirements.
- Small Business Center – To increase the success rate and the number of profitable small businesses in SCC’s Small Business Center service area by providing high quality, readily accessible assistance to prospective and existing small business owners and their employees as mandated by the NCCCS.
Enrollment is open on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Classes are open to everyone age 18 and above. Sixteen and 17 year olds may enroll with special permission.
- Registration and fee payment is required at the first scheduled meeting of the class. Insurance is required for some classes.
- Southeastern also provides on-site job skills training and literacy classes for area businesses and industries.